Join the Earshot Team
Why work here?
Earshot is changing the way brands use social media to connect with consumers. Using proprietary approaches to location-based filtering and applying new ways to define relevancy, we are helping brands re-imagine how to discover and acquire new customers in real time.
As we continue to add to our growing team, we are seeking an exceptional people who are passionate about making digital marketing more relevant and authentic for our growing list of clients. We seek those who want to create remarkable products, delight new customers, and who dare to be great. Working in a fun, fast paced environment, this person will be a true team player that excels in a collaborative environment and understands the unique expectations and opportunities that come with a growing start up.
Software Engineer (Front End)
Here are some of the challenges our team is currently on that we’d love your help with:
- Using IBM Watson to inform relevance of social media
- Inferring demographics based on census data
- Presenting and automatically categorizing thousands of locations
If the challenges above sound interesting and you, shoot us an email at jobs at earshotinc.com, and we will personally reach out to you.
- Rapidly develop new features while writing clean, well designed, and well tested code
- Debug and fix issues in existing features
- Design new features and refine design of existing features
- Ensure best practices for front end development are known and practiced
- Propose and drive the best frameworks and technologies for our platform
- Proven track record of rapid, high quality feature development
- Experience building large scale, high availability web applications
- Expert in at least one front end framework (Backbone, Angular, React, etc)
- Proven ability to learn and be productive in new languages/technology stacks very quickly
- Desire and ability to work in early stage startup
- Be cool with shipping code multiple times a day
Below are a bonus, but not required:
- Design/UX skills to make things look nice and work well
- Ability to hack on backend code
- Know Angular and/or Python well
- Built enterprise social media tools in the past
Relocation and visa sponsorship are not offered at this time.
You’ll be working out of our loft style office in the West Loop of Chicago, IL.
No outside recruiters, please
Senior Account Executive
- Build, manage, and close a robust pipeline of new opportunities with leading brands and agencies
- Implement and manage new client relationships to drive renewals and new services
- Actively seek out new sales leads and business opportunities through active networking, creative prospecting, and referrals
- Acquire and maintain extensive knowledge of our industry, market, and competitors to effectively differentiate Earshot in the market.
- Contribute ideas and feedback to the business through in-market feedback and insight from clients and prospects.
- Consistently manage to results through sf.com and effective pipeline management
- Minimum of 7+ years of enterprise software and / or digital media sales and consistently over-achieving sales quotas
- Strong network of decision makers with F500 and / or agency clients
- Excellent relationship skills and the ability to use these to find new business opportunities
- Ability to differentiate an emerging technology and value proposition in a highly competitive market
- Social Media competency and an understanding of their impact on sales and marketing
- Ability to be very creative, resourceful and autonomous in start up environment
- Outstanding listening, communication, and negotiation skills
- Ability to be a team player and multi-task in an ever changing, fast-paced environment
- Start up experience a plus
- Must be willing to travel and participate in industry events
- Bachelor’s Degree is required