DATE LAST MODIFIED: July, 2013
Importance of Your Privacy
Important Categories of Information for you to know:
- Who we are
- Information we may collect at the Website or through the Application
- How your information is used
- Altering the information you submit through the Website and/or Application
(a) Information we receive from you. To use certain of Earshot’ Services, you’ll need to provide certain personal information which may include, without limitation, your name, address, birthday, phone number, credit card information, Facebook, Twitter and/or other social network user names, e-mail address, information regarding your cell phone or mobile device and other information.
(b) Technical information we collect. In order for Earshot to ensure that we are providing the best possible consumer experience on the Website and within the Application, we collect and track certain user information. When you visit the Website, our Web server sends a cookie to your computer. This cookie stores a limited amount of information about your site visit. The cookie tracks aggregate information on how our site is being used, including session counts, navigation patterns, pages visited, etc. These cookies, however, do not store any personally identifiable information such as your name, email address or phone number as you browse the site. When you submit a question, we store your cookie identification in our system. This cookie allows our site to recognize you when you return. Earshot may also utilize Web Logs to track aggregate information about how our site and/or the Application is being used. Web Logs track anonymous user information, including the number of visitors to the Website, operating systems, Internet Provider addresses (if publicly available), and browser type. Unlike cookies, Web Logs are maintained only on Earshot servers and do not store or place anything on the user’s computer. If you come to the Earshot Website from an online banner ad, an anonymous identification number may be passed to the Website. This information cannot be used to gather any personally identifiable information about you. It will only allow us to track the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, marketing and banner advertisement campaigns.
(c) Other Information we get from your use of the Services. We may collect information about the Services that you use and how you use them. This information includes: Device information We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Location information When you use the Service, we may collect and process information about your actual location, such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, some of which may be made available through third party licensors.
(d) Information from surveys. You may have the option of completing an online survey at the Website or within the Application from time to time. Participation in surveys is completely voluntary and it is your choice whether or not you wish to disclose your personal information to us in connection with any such survey.
(e) Information from the “Contact Us” section of the Website or Application. You may contact Earshot through the “Contact Us” feature. Participation in this area is completely voluntary and it is your choice whether or not you wish to disclose your personal information to us.
(f) Information collected other sections of the Website or Application. Earshot may, from time to time, make various resources available to you at the Website or within the Application. At times we may collect personal information in connection with providing such services.
3. HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED. We use the information you provide to provide the applicable Services to you, either directly or through third party service providers. Earshot may also share certain aggregated data with other third parties for general marketing and demographic purposes; however, this data does not include any of your personal identifying information. In addition, to the extent you elect to share conversation threads through use of the Application, other users of the Services and/or Application (i) may become aware of your location, and (ii) will be able to read such posts, and may elect to share some or all of the content within any such post with other third parties. Some of our Services may be offered in conjunction with partner companies, affiliates or other companies or websites with which we work. In order for us to provide these Services to you, it may be necessary for us to share your personal information with one of such entities. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these Services. If you do not want your data to be shared, you can choose not to allow the transfer by not using that particular Service. One of the special features of the Application and the Services is that it allows you to enable various online third party services, such as social media and social networking services (for these purposes, “Third Party Services”), to be directly integrated into your Earshot experience. To take advantage of this feature, we will ask you to provide us your username and password for the relevant Third Party Services. By enabling such Third Party Services, you are allowing us to pass your log-in information and send and receive other information (such as geo-location and lists) to and from these service providers. When you add a Third Party Service account to the Services, we will collect your login information and other relevant information necessary to enable the Application to access that Third Party Service and your data contained within that Third Party Service. However, please remember that the manner in which Third Party Services use, store and disclose your information is governed solely by the policies of such third parties, and Earshot shall have no liability or responsibility for the privacy practices or other actions of any Third Party Service that may be enabled within the Application. In addition, Earshot may disclose account or other personal information when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with Earshot’s rights or property, other Website or Application users or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
4. ALTERING INFORMATION YOU SUBMIT.
(a) Deleting your information. Federal and state regulations may require that we store questions or submissions for various periods of time. In order to comply with these regulations, we may be unable to delete information from our databases.
(b) Altering Information. Earshot may alter, modify or delete any information you submit to the Website or through the Application if it believes, in its sole discretion, it is necessary or desirable to do so.
(c) Request to stop receiving emails from us. Periodically, Earshot may send you emails to alert you to various opportunities or offers available at the Website or within the Application. If you do not wish to receive any of these offers, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to remove yourself from our mailing list.
Earshot uses extensive and sophisticated secure technology to protect your data and transmissions between you and Earshot. Transmission between browsers and our web server is implemented using either Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology or Earshot’s proprietary mobile application that utilizes SSL-encrypted communication. This technology requires an SSL-capable browser. Although Earshot has taken these reasonable and appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information is delivered and disclosed only in accordance with your instructions, Earshot cannot and does not guarantee that the personal information you provide will not be intercepted by others and decrypted.
We may, in the future, sell or otherwise transfer some or all of our assets or equity to a third party. Your personally identifiable information and other information we obtain from you via the Website or the Application may be disclosed to any potential or actual third party purchasers of such assets or equity and may be among the assets transferred.