Monthly Archives: June 2014

< Back to Blog

Earshot Raises $1.7M to Help Brands Discover and Acquire New Customers at the Right Place, Right Time Through Social Media

Location-based platform helps brands proactively engage consumers to increase conversion rates, drive brand affinity, and improve social ROI CHICAGO, IL (June 16, 2014) – Earshot, a location-based social media engagement and intelligence platform, announced today that it has raised $1.7 million in funding from Mohr Davidow Ventures, TriplePoint Ventures, Birchmere Ventures, Serra Ventures, and Point B Capital.  The funding will be used to accelerate product development, R&D, and sales and marketing. Earshot sees social media as a gateway for brands to consumers who would otherwise go undiscovered.  In contrast to platforms that focus on helping companies react to posts from existing fans, followers, or customers already talking about their brands, Earshot helps companies discover and proactively engage prospective customers through social media when it’s relevant and timely, whether the brand is mentioned in the post or not.  With only 3.6% of all conversations on Twitter including brand names (Brandwatch Report, 2013), Earshot applies smarter filters (starting with location) to the other 96.4% to help brands unlock a new channel for customer acquisition and more actionable intelligence. The Earshot Social Media Processor combines real-time location data, profile details of the user, and filters in the post itself to inform clients which posts to engage to optimize chances of conversion depending on the goals of the client. “Social media represents a new channel for customer discovery as much as it does for customer service,” said Earshot Founder and CEO David Rush.  “By using location as the first of many filters, we can help clients quickly sift through the noise to identify and connect with people in the midst of an experience... read more